What is sgCERT?
Sabah Government Computer Emergency Response Team (sgCERT) was formed with the objectives
- To minimize the adverse effect of security incidents.
- To educate users of ICT assets on security measures.
- To provide a mechanism for reporting of security incidents so that remedial action can be taken quickly.
- To ensure that ICT security measures / guidelines are adhered to by users.
- One of the desired features of an electronic government is to guarantee that:
- confidential data held in the system is fully protected.
- network protected from unauthorized access, malicious attack and loss of data integrity.
- Therefore, security policies need to be defined.
- to protect the vast ICT assets of the government.
- to provide better and faster responses to security incidents.
- To provide incident, vulnerability and artifact handling services to the state public sector.
- To disseminate security alerts and warnings towards strengthening the ICT security of the state public sector.
- To advise the State Government on the development of human resources to ensure successful implementation of ICT security measures.
- To co-ordinate and monitor the implementation of ICT security measures among State public agencies.
- To audit the State's ICT assets so that security measures/guidelines are adhered to.
- To carry out R&D on ICT security technologies.
Report an Incident
Please forward your case to one of the contacts below:
- Sabah.Net Online Problem Reporting Form
- Tel: 088-219064 (office hours)
- Tel: 088-234101 (after office hours)
- Fax: 088-215116
- Mailing Address: Pengarah, Jabatan Perkhidmatan Komputer Negeri,
Tingkat 1, Blok A, Wisma Kewangan,
88593 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
In the write-up, please include your name, contact, required assistance and details of the incident.